EK 101 Verbal or Ek 101 CARS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kuviraa

Reaction score
Hi! I was reading Nymeria's MCAT study schedule and saw that she recommended the EK 101 Verbal. In other forums I've seen people saying that the new EK101 CARS is bad, and that the old EK 101 Verbal is better. Currently EK sells EK 101 Verbal on their website, but does anyone know if they've changed it after 2015 or if its the same older version?

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Two things:
1. The books have different passages and are not the same (I have evaluated both and currently have both as well).
2. The EK website is the most expensive source for all materials. SDN classifieds is a good place to look.

Ok, so to clarify there is an old and new version of the EK 101 Verbal, and they only differ in passages? Thanks for letting me know about the classifieds!

Ok, so to clarify there is an old and new version of the EK 101 Verbal, and they only differ in passages? Thanks for letting me know about the classifieds!

EK 101 Verbal is for the old MCAT, and I find the passage on average far easier than the MCAT now. EK CARS 101 is for the new MCAT, but is definitely harder than the real thing. I found the CARS one helpful for getting used to reading/comprehending difficult passages.

EK 101 Verbal is for the old MCAT, and I find the passage on average far easier than the MCAT now. EK CARS 101 is for the new MCAT, but is definitely harder than the real thing. I found the CARS one helpful for getting used to reading/comprehending difficult passages.

I see, thanks for letting me know! I did read about how people thought the new 101 CARS one was impossibly hard, I just didn't know if it was the same for the 101 Verbal one too.