1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

EK 101 Verbal Tests...Odd/Interesting Question

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by joshto, Jun 22, 2008.

1. joshto

joshto Nervous&Neurotic
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    This might seem like an odd question, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice on the issue. I've completed the first 4 EK tests and have scored anywhere from 7-9 :(. My question is that I always seem to get the questions that I am uncertain (the ones in which I lack confidence in my answer) on wrong. I would likely be able to solve them if I had more time (I do all the tests under AAMC timing) by either using the 'going back' method or just having more time to comprehend each answer wrt to the question.
    Will practice help? because it seems every test I do the only ones I get wrong (~1.5 each passage) are the ones I am worried about as I answer them.

Any suggestions?

2. engineeredout

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Practice.

Outta curiousity you have the first or second (new) edition of the 101 verbal?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. IvyLeagueThug

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Don't get too discouraged.

I've always been good at verbal (33 reading on the ACT, did over 95th percentile on the reading comp of a real LSAT--which is known for harder verbal than MCAT). I got a bunch wrong in the EK 1001 verbal, especially in the first 8 or so tests.

There were more than a few questions where even after reading the solution, I disagreed with the "correct" answer.

This book, while an excellent resource, has received similar criticism from a lot of people.

Use it as a resource, but don’t let it discourage you.