EK 101 verbal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MeMyselfI

MeMyselfI
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The series that I have is based on the old paper pencil tests.Has EK updated these tests to fit the new CBT format?If not, how are you guys scoring yourselves when using Ek verbal 101?

Members don't see this ad.

Nope they havent, but I take all 60 questions in one sitting. I figure practicing taking a longer test cant be detrimental??

Ditto.
Own the 60 questions and you shall own the 40s.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a bunch of outdated EK materials. The verbal 101 is great practice tho, but 60 questions can be a burn out. I answered close to 80 or so percent correctly on the first 40 questions and then leveled off on the last 20.

I split passages in chunks of 40 questions so its roughly six passages per sitting. Since real MCAT has seven in 60 mins, I try to do EK's 40 questions (six passages) in approx 54 mins since they seem a bit longer. This way I get closer estimate of how many I can miss at the most.

Btw, EK 101 seems to have VERY few real humanities passages like those pertaining to arts or abstract philosophy which you see more on AAMC practice. EK has plenty of social science tho. Did anyone notice that or feel the same?