EK 30 min. lecture exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

olygt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am freaking out right now b/c I keep getting 4's on the physics 30min. tests and I just took my first chemistry lecture test and got a 4 on that too. I understand everything in the lectures and even do great on the little quizzes after each section in the lecture. Is this how bad everybody is doing on these 30min. tests? Please...I need advice. I don't know what else I can do. :(

Members don't see this ad.

I am freaking out right now b/c I keep getting 4's on the physics 30min. tests and I just took my first chemistry lecture test and got a 4 on that too. I understand everything in the lectures and even do great on the little quizzes after each section in the lecture. Is this how bad everybody is doing on these 30min. tests? Please...I need advice. I don't know what else I can do. :(

it's normal, don't worry too much... I was getting anywhere from 4's to 12's on those tests - that didn't really mean anything in terms of my AAMC practice tests.

Stay focused on the big picture, and try not to freak out. Yes, it's easier said than done, but just try to keep your eyes on the road...

I wasn't doing that great either with the EK 30 min test. I'm doing the Kaplan pratice test, and i'm not getting the scores that I would like (30+), but I am close. However, I did do better on the kaplan pratice test than I did with the EK 30 min test. I believe, with most prep companies, they give you all the hardest stuff, so that you will be better prepared. Keep that in mind, well, atleast that's what I tell myself.

how did you do on Bio? Organic? Verbal?

Members don't see this ad :)
how did you do on Bio? Organic? Verbal?

For Bio I'm getting anywhere from 5-7 and verbal 4-6. I haven't attempted organic yet. I'm really hoping my scores improves.

For Bio I'm getting anywhere from 5-7 and verbal 4-6. I haven't attempted organic yet. I'm really hoping my scores improves.

You'll be fine. It even says in the beginning of the book that they leave out all the easy questions (many, or at least a few, included on the MCAT). I'm not doing so hot either.

I wouldnt worry about it too much. They only test the hard questions.If you can get an 8 with only hard questions I would assume that with some of the easier ones included your score should be higher. I have been struggling with the bio 30 mins test. I got an 8 and a 7 on the first 2. for physics i got an 11 on the first ( its my strongest subject) and chemI got 9 on the frist 2. I havent even looked at organic. It is only 4 lecturs long so i'll save it for later.

These things are tough. But they're not meant to be accurate predictors of your MCAT score; they're just used to make sure you're learning and thinking about the material presented in the lectures.. don't worry about the scores; just be worried that you may or may not be understanding the material as well as you might need to be.

I just took the organic chem test the other day and got a 4 on it! I was a little depressed about that..it seemed like they asked a lot of questions that weren't covered in the first lecture...hopefully by lecture 4 I will be able to answer them though!

I find the 30 min exams to very worthy. They test previous knowlege and at the same time demonstrate a need to read between the lines and think abstractly just as the MCAT does. If you can get rolling and do well on these, the MCAT will be that much less difficult.

If you think the EK stuff is bad, try the princeton review based passages. I was averaging about 50% (don't have a scale available) on my first two TRP bio passages whereas with the EK I did very well using only half the time alloted to me on the first 30 Min Exam.

This MCAT stuff is a bit more overwhelming than I had anticipated!