Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

EK 30 mins and the Real Deal

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by bluesTank, May 11, 2007.

1. bluesTank

bluesTank Zombie

Medical Student
    EK makes a big deal at the beginning of their books to say that the 30 min. exam scores are not predictable of the real thing.

I have been doing them all day, and I was wondering if a few of yall could maybe post the types of scores you were making on those, with the real/practice full length scores you have been making.

Sometimes I really do well on them, others I bomb, so I am just wondering how it works out...

Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. scotties123

scotties123 GrandMacDaddy

Medical Student
    keep in mind ek also says that their stuff is harder with all easy/intermediate questions removed.

4. ParvatiP

ParvatiP Senior Member

Medical Student
    I only took a few EK 30 min exams, all in physics. I don't think they're very representative at all. Sure, they're a good way to review the material but not at all predictive of your actual score. Also, you'll score really well if you've just read the chapter because they base all their exams off the exact wording of it...but if you haven't read it recently, then you probably won't do so well. I don't remember my exact scores, but I probably scored between like a 6-10 on all the exams I did, averaging like an 8. My average PS on practice exams was 10-11. On the real MCAT, I got an 11 on the PS. (Also of course, I should mention that I am better at gen chem than physics, so don't forget that your score is also not predictive, since one section will cover a variety of topics). Hope that helped!