EK 30 minute exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstu110

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how much easier are the EK 30 minute tests at the end of each lecture compared to the real MCAT.

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmm...the EK book says the 30 minute exams are "like the MCAT but with the easy questions removed"...maybe try the question on the EK website bulletin board?

dc

i dont really like the EK 30 min exams - I felt they were based too much on outside knowledge as opposed to passage based .

According to the authors, they are harder than the real MCAT. From my experience with the practice AAMC tests, they are indeed harder. I hope that helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know how much harder they really are... I've taken about 6 or 7 of them and have not recieved below a 10. However, I haven't gotten over a 'low' 11 on any PS or BS I've taken.

For verbal, the 30 min exams were about 1 point lower on average.

For physical sciences the 30 min exams ranged between 2 and 4 points lower (depending on the subject).

For biology ranged from being right on to 2 points lower depending on topic.

Obviously these 30 min exams are not a good indicator of a real MCAT. Not only were they intentionally made a little harder, but there is no way being tested on one single topic (i.e. translational motion) representative of how you will do on the MCAT.

However, they were not made to tell you how well you will do- that is what he AAMCs are here for. The 30 min exams were included to help you hone your test taking skills and to get you used to answering MCAT style questions on relavent topics.