EK 30-minute exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RoadRunner17

Fleet of feet
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, so I've already moved onto the practice test-taking phase of my study plan. However, I just realized that I didn't do any of the 30-minute lecture exams in the EK Organic Chemistry and Physics manuals. Are these worth taking a few days out of my time to do? Or, am I better off just focusing on the practice tests that I'll be taking?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, so I've already moved onto the practice test-taking phase of my study plan. However, I just realized that I didn't do any of the 30-minute lecture exams in the EK Organic Chemistry and Physics manuals. Are these worth taking a few days out of my time to do? Or, am I better off just focusing on the practice tests that I'll be taking?

I also waited until I'd finished all the reading before taking the EK tests, hoping to test my recall later. Even though I did poorly on the tests I took, I think it helped to reinforce the most essential ideas in each chapter.
Some people have complained that the tests cover material that isn't in the chapter, making them too hard... but in my opinion it's a better approach to cram more info. The MCAT (which I haven't taken yet, mind you) will probably approach these topics at an angle which is initially unfamiliar.

They're hard.. if you can consistently get 10+ on those, you're set. Add around 2 points to your scores :D

Would anyone care to share how they did on the EK 30min exams and compare to their performance/thoughts of the real thing.
It would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the EK 30 minute exams are good practice. They're hard, but they challenge you. Expect to get some dismal scores in some sections--stereochemistry and kidney.