EK 30m Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

misterwiggles

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Taking 30m exams days after reading the chapter to let it sink in and chunk them as mini half-lengths (1 section of C or P, 1 Verbal, 1 Bio, 1 Psych). There are sections where I score extremely well, (85-92%) and others where I suck (55-69%) but the latter occurring more often. About a month out from MCAT considering voiding since I'm averaging about a 65-68% on these 30m tests. Do these numbers reflect lack of content base or test-taking strategy? I suppose it's hard to say since I could be getting more discrete questions wrong vs. passage based analysis. It seems I keep getting the nitty gritty detail questions wrong. How am I fairing at 65-68% on these? I plan to do Khan, TPR FL's, TBR passages from here out. Should I focus more on content review??? I'm just so confused. Aiming for a 510-512.

Members don't see this ad.

Taking 30m exams days after reading the chapter to let it sink in and chunk them as mini half-lengths (1 section of C or P, 1 Verbal, 1 Bio, 1 Psych). There are sections where I score extremely well, (85-92%) and others where I suck (55-69%) but the latter occurring more often. About a month out from MCAT considering voiding since I'm averaging about a 65-68% on these 30m tests. Do these numbers reflect lack of content base or test-taking strategy? I suppose it's hard to say since I could be getting more discrete questions wrong vs. passage based analysis. It seems I keep getting the nitty gritty detail questions wrong. How am I fairing at 65-68% on these? I plan to do Khan, TPR FL's, TBR passages from here out. Should I focus more on content review??? I'm just so confused. Aiming for a 510-512.
You can't really judge the EK scores in comparison to how you will do on the real MCAT. Sounds like you are doing well. I scored about the same as you on all sections except chemistry (did really well on that one) and I did them about a week before my test if that helps. Take some FL exams and repost. Treat the 30 min Exams as practice to solidify the content.

Yeah but I am not sure if my scores indicate lack of content or if I am on the right path. Like I said I think the ones I am getting wrong are FSQ's but I feel they are super specific not really general content knowledge. Should I just move on to FL's? Also if you dont mind me asking, how did you score?

Yeah but I am not sure if my scores indicate lack of content or if I am on the right path. Like I said I think the ones I am getting wrong are FSQ's but I feel they are super specific not really general content knowledge. Should I just move on to FL's? Also if you dont mind me asking, how did you score?

I would do FLs. 30 minute exams had a lot of data interpretation in them so probably reasoning skills actually... I got a 509 but I also had a panic attack in the middle of that test and was drinking from B/B to P/S

I did a FL last week and felt pretty defeated. NS 1 scored a 502. Got wrecked on CARS (124). I really really really need to improve on verbal the most this time around. I had TPR FL's and took one as my baseline (scored 499). I guess I'll just try to do another FL and report back. My numbers do not indicate a 510 target D: sigh.