EK 3g

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tex10

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
thoughts on this test?

harder? average? :oops:

I remember 2f being difficult - but havent heard anything about 3g -

Members don't see this ad.

I took 1G, i thought the test was super hard, the physical sciences had some really tough passages. The verbal was hard too, the questions were very tricky.

I thought it was the hardest out of the 3 EK exams but I did the best on it out of the 3....but that's just me. I posted the exact same question but no one's responding..... :oops: oh well.....

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought it was a lot better than Kaplan's 10R and 11R!

I got a 9 and 10 in PS and BS, respectively -

verbal - not so much - I usually do alright - But I couldnt seem to get in the groove with this one...

how did you all do?

Yeah....I heard the Kaplan FLs were tough....

PS: 10
VR: 9 (1 more question and I would have gotten a 10!!! :mad: )
BS: 11

Overall, I'm happy with the score......for now :D

I feel like crying. :( I just took the PS from EK 3g and I only got a 6! A friggin' 6! I was getting 9's in PS on Kaplan FL's 1-3, then on FL#4 I got a 7; now this today. I thought I was improving, PS is the only reason I was even planning to retake. I feel like I just wasted $1000 that I REALLY need on a stupid Kaplan course, for nothing. I don't know if I'm going to retake if this is how I'm really doing. I didn't feel that bad when I was taking the test today, but then I scored it...

I'm so depressed right now. What's wrong with me? Why can't I improve this stupid section, which everyone says is the easiest to bring up? I've memorized the equations, I've done all the review, I go over what I missed on each practice test...and still, nothing apparently changes.

Hey Mistress S, calm down. The EK tests are MUCH harder so don't be discouraged. I took one and did horrible so I skipped the rest and moved to the AAMC and did MUCH better. First of all they are real tests and therefore more realistic. Start doing thos einstead and I guarantee you'll be more encouraged. Take all of them 3R -> 7. Go over all the anwers and analize them. If you have time after that, then do the EK passages for more practice but be sure to end on an AAMC exam at the end so you aren't discouraged right before the big day. Good luck.

Hey Mistress,
Don't cry...although I DID cry after taking EK 2f. I think of all the sections PS is the most overly difficult on EK. I mean, I'm no PS master, in fact it's my worst section. I took aamc 4, 5 and 6 and have gotten two 9's and one 10 on those. I took EK 2f and got a 7 and ek 3g and got an 8.

I took the 3g today, and I got a freakin 6 on the ps. 8s on both verbal and bio. i know i usually do better on bio and p.s. so im not too worried. i'm worried abuot the verbal b/c i've been consistent with my 8s on nearly all the verbal 101s and the exams. any advice??
i took the aamc 5r and got a 11 on the p.s. I know you'll do better on the real one so don't worry....good luck to you next saturday! :)

I just took 3g, I think it was the easiest of the three. My score went up from 26 (10PS 7VR 9BS) on 2f to 31(11PS 9VR 11BS) on 3g. The main thing for me is that I was so much more relaxed doing this one. Also I kept close tabs on my timing during PS so that I could finish. Before I never did. I knew if I got through all the questions I get a better score.

good job princess!!! I thought 3g was the hardest, and I fell into all the traps. I ran out of time on the PS and scored the exactly the same on the verbal. What did you study to get good ps and bs scores??? (tecniques...besides studying a lot)

Hi Catty. I've been doing alot of practice. I have the Princeton Review Science Workbook. It has truly been a blessing. Endless passages. Also I try not to cram (even though some things you just have to). I try to understand the underlying principles. I try to put things together to see the big picture. I think the main thing for me is I was so much more relaxed and I was able to finish the PS section. Also I prayed and God has been blessing me.
Take Care