EK Audio Osmosis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

4everdoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How helpful is EK Audio Osmosis?? Does it go along with the EK books? Does it read word for word?

Members don't see this ad.

How helpful is EK Audio Osmosis?? Does it go along with the EK books? Does it read word for word?

Personally, I found it very helpful in most areas. They follow right along with the EK content books; audio lectures are numbered and cover the same content as the corresponding chapter. The chemistry lectures did not do much for me, but the biology and physics really helped me out (didn't listen to the organic much at all). I specifically remember the kinematics, waves, hormones, DNA txn and tln, and kidney "audio chapters" helping alot, whether it was clearing something up that I did not fully understand, or providing an easy, "mnemonic" way of remembering or thinking of something.

you will listen to them and think they are dumb, and they are dumb, but i don't know how many times i took a practice test and remembered there dumb little tools. so while you will listen and think, "This is so nerd." you will find they are actually helpful in their own way.

you will listen to them and think they are dumb, and they are dumb, but i don't know how many times i took a practice test and remembered there dumb little tools. so while you will listen and think, "This is so nerd." you will find they are actually helpful in their own way.

actually, some of their jokes are quite good, but the weird laugh track kills it

Members don't see this ad :)
I only listened to 1/12 CDs, it does sound helpful, but I could never bring myself to finish listening to it. On the other hand, I loved the EK series books, I prob read the books at least 3 times.

So do u guys just listen to the audio files as you go along, instead of reading the EK books? or does it give you some time to read the book as you go along with the audio?

To be more specific: is it worth it just listening to the audio files instead of reading the books? or both?

I think for best results u can read the books then listen to the same topics the next day as a review and refresher .....

They are very good for overall review. I wrote 5/21 and am using them as a refresher until I hear about my scores (I am signed up for 7/16 in case I bombed it).

Overall, I would recommend them, BUT there are numerous errors. Actually, a lot of them. You may not catch them because they are subtle, but EK has been known to have a lot of errors in their printed books.

Also, the accents are annoying. Sometimes, their pronunciation of certain chemicals or biological concepts can be a bit strange. This is just a nit pick, but if you are going to listen to them for 12 hours, their accents can affect it.

I've listened to them some but plan on using them in conjunction with my MCAT study schedule. Check out their website or Amazon (in the reviews section) for a list of errors found on the CDs.

I like seeing what I'm studying and not just listening, so I probably couldn't use these :(

I don't find it very helpful. Maybe a little if you listen to them before and after reading that section of the book. The errors are problematic.

I listen to them in the car on my way to work after i go through each chapter, but i have to admit I hate their jokes. While i usually wish i could punch jordan, i have remembered a few things he has said because they were so stupid.

I don't find it very helpful. Maybe a little if you listen to them before and after reading that section of the book. The errors are problematic.
The best time to start listening to audio osmosis is about a year before your mcat. Listen to it when you can do most or all of an entire subject in one sitting, like if you have a four hour road trip or plane ride or something.

I have probably listened to the complete set twenty times, mostly on long road trips in my desolate state, and I can recite most of the discs by heart now. I sometimes recite the jokes in class.

I don't get much out of listening to the appropriate chapter, once, during the week I'm studying that chapter in the books. Honestly, I usually fall asleep! But I got a lot out of it by listening to the complete set repeatedly while I was taking my pre-reqs.

Bump.

I'm considering buying the Audio Osmosis CDs but I can't decide if they're worth it. How many hours of material are on the CDs? Is the set comprehensive?

Bump.

I'm considering buying the Audio Osmosis CDs but I can't decide if they're worth it. How many hours of material are on the CDs? Is the set comprehensive?

Its something like 12 discs so maybe 10-15 hours? I got my set used off Amazon marketplace, suggest you do the same if you're worried about cost.