1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

EK Bio 1001 Release Date Pushed Back

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by bella_dottoressa, Apr 23, 2004.

1. bella_dottoressa

bella_dottoressa make it happen
    7+ Year Member

boo for august mcat'ers. ek was supposed to release their new 1001 for bio on april 28th but have pushed it back to june 28th.

2. no-see-um

no-see-um Bindaas
    5+ Year Member

I honestly can't see a 1001 book for Biology as being helpful for the August MCAT at this point...

I may be wrong, but for Bio??

3. blz

blz Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It's not a 1001 book like the other books (meaning just free standing independent questions). The real name of it is 101 PASSAGES in biology and I believe it's structured more like 101 verbal passages book. So it should be pretty helpful in that is it mostly passage-based.

4. berkeleyjess

berkeleyjess Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

I purchased 101Verbal and 1001physics + 1001chem questions from EK and I would DEFINITELY purchase the bio passages from EK. They have great material. I think that bio scores can really be improved with practice passages and getting used to the types of questions.

5. no-see-um

no-see-um Bindaas
    5+ Year Member

Gotcha! Sounds like it could be good.

6. blz

blz Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Cerebus owned my karma :(

7. no-see-um

no-see-um Bindaas
    5+ Year Member

Dang I need more Karma.

8. bella_dottoressa

bella_dottoressa make it happen
    7+ Year Member

I agree that that would be more helpful! Where did you get this info though? When I pre-ordered it it was called 1001.