EK Bio 7th edition vs 8th?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JAH360

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd only found one other thread asking this question, and only one answer within that thread, so I'd feel more comfortable if I could get more opinions on this.

I'm doing the SN2ed, and I realized that the 7th edition of the EK Bio book I bought isn't the most recent edition. It was written in 2007, which seems way dated, and a new 8th edition was released last year. Should I get the 8th edition? I did gather from other threads that there seems to be a consensus that there's very little difference between the 1st and 7th editions of the EK Bio, but since I've also read that the BS section of the MCAT has changed quite a lot over the past couple of years, I am worried I might not be getting everything out of the 7th edition that I need for the upcoming August 15th MCAT.

Thanks for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd only found one other thread asking this question, and only one answer within that thread, so I'd feel more comfortable if I could get more opinions on this.

I'm doing the SN2ed, and I realized that the 7th edition of the EK Bio book I bought isn't the most recent edition. It was written in 2007, which seems way dated, and a new 8th edition was released last year. Should I get the 8th edition? I did gather from other threads that there seems to be a consensus that there's very little difference between the 1st and 7th editions of the EK Bio, but since I've also read that the BS section of the MCAT has changed quite a lot over the past couple of years, I am worried I might not be getting everything out of the 7th edition that I need for the upcoming August 15th MCAT.

Thanks for your input.
Nope, you'll be fine with the 7th. The MCAT hasn't changed yet. Many people have used the 7th edition and done fine. I'm using the 7th edition and it covers pretty much all you need to know (although a little oversimplified).