EK Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrCurious

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was just wondering how accurate the EK material is when it comes to the practice exams at the end of the review books (not the 1001 books). I ask because I have been getting 12's consistently at the end of the chem section, is this realistic or is it just a tease?

Members don't see this ad.

DrCurious said:
Was just wondering how accurate the EK material is when it comes to the practice exams at the end of the review books (not the 1001 books). I ask because I have been getting 12's consistently at the end of the chem section, is this realistic or is it just a tease?

I don't have a definitive answer about that for you, but I'm not taking the actual number into account too much. The questions in the lecture exams are focused on a narrow topic that you just studied, where as the MCAT will have questions from a variety of topics that you may not have studied as recently. It is good to see whether you understand what you just reviewed and are able to answer questions about it in MCAT format.