Ek Cars 10th edition New chapter 4

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

5words

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard that Ek added a new chapter on their Cars edition.. can someone please tell me what is it about? I d serious hate to spend another 55 bucks for a single chapter.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Nope. Unless they decided to switch all the passages around, they all look new to me. I have both 101 verbal and 101 CARS so I triple checked :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. Unless they decided to switch all the passages around, they all look new to me. I have both 101 verbal and 101 CARS so I triple checked :)
Let me get this right.. you are saying that the new CARS 9th edition isn't that different from the 10th edition?

Asking because I read this on amazon:
Saying that they have added a new chapter..

And I know the books are a lot different from their verbal books.

Oh shoot.. I misread your entire post.. I thought you were talking about the 101 passages books :confused:. I'm so sorry.. I know that from edition to edition, there aren't many changes, so shelling out $55 for an "updated" version might not be worth it.

Hopefully someone with the 10th edition can help you out. Sorry :unsure:

Reactions: 1 user
My mistake, what I wrote was that the fourth chapter has no passages within it but it does have a corresponding 30min exam which consists of 3 passages (...$17/passage sounds kind of steep to me).

The chapter includes the following sections: identifying passage/question types, constructing the main idea, and building the spectrum step by step. I do not know what the 'spectrum' is because I have just started and I am on lecture ii.

My mistake, what I wrote was that the fourth chapter has no passages within it but it does have a corresponding 30min exam which consists of 3 passages (...$17/passage sounds kind of steep to me).

The chapter includes the following sections: identifying passage/question types, constructing the main idea, and building the spectrum step by step. I do not know what the 'spectrum' is because I have just started and I am on lecture ii.
Btw, do you have the 9th edition as well because it has those same sections as well .. Anwyasy thanks pal.... Best review From Amazon
Warning for buyers: be aware that the Examkrackers (EK) 10th ed. verbal reasoning book may be repeating pages 85-102, and missing pages 102-121. I purchased this package from "Dirtcheapbooks4u" and it arrived with damage and had the defective verbal reasoning book just described in the sentence above. I'm not sure if this is a manufacturer error where these defective books are being dished off in bulk to third party companies or if it was just a random fluke. I made EK aware of the issue and their 10th edition in stock seems to be fixed.

Now for the differences between EK 9th and 10th editions; The 10th edition fixes many mistakes from the 9th edition, thus saving an individual a days worth of correcting errors from the EK errata.

I would like to address the 3 biggest changes;
1) The actual text of the 10th ed. biology 1 book, now labeled "biochemistry" instead of "biomolecules" has included some more extensive research and content.
2) The Psychology & Sociology book in the 10th ed. has been amplified with more terms and sufficient content.
3) The five science books now have updated 30-minute exams. Instead of just 3 passages, it is now 4 passages and 5 discrete questions per chapter exam. The first 3 passages of the science books are no different from the 9th and 10th ed.

The other four books; Physics, Chemistry, Biology 2, and Verbal Reasoning seem to be nearly 85% identical to the 9th edition. I will note that the verbal reasoning strategy has had some changes that were noticeable, especially in chapter 4. Basically, EK seems to have updated their verbal strategy. I would just be cautious and check the 10th ed. verbal book to make sure you don't receive a defective. Overall, the 10th addition has been revamped and corrected for precision and accuracy. Excellent investment for quick content coverage.

I have the 9th edition and I am not missing pages 102-121, also 85-102 did not repeat in my book.

"Dirtcheapbooks4u" does not sound very credible lol

Reactions: 1 user