Quantcast

EK CARS Strategy

Get Shadowing and a Virtual Clinical Education
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

misterwiggles

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I wanted to get a second opinion on what people thought about the EK CARS strategy for improving your score. The one that asks you to take a day off from the passage then review JUST questions the next day then another break then read passage then answer the questions again. Did anyone see an improvement in their score doing this? I just don't think I got enough explanation for what I should be doing or how this works to help improve your score so I was wondering if anyone had personal experiences with this method?

Roayer

Reaction score
Its good. I recommend but ultimately CARS will come down to practice. I jumped 2-3 points on my TPR tests when I started doing it. I tweaked it a little but the general strategy is solid and way better than Kaplan or TPR

theonlytycrane

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this just for review? I personally practiced 1 passage or 3 passages at a time (timed conditions) and reviewed right after. I wanted to know right away what I got right and what I could improve on.

DexterMorganSK

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    Is this just for review? I personally practiced 1 passage or 3 passages at a time (timed conditions) and reviewed right after. I wanted to know right away what I got right and what I could improve on.

Not a review per say, but a strategy to follow to read and answer the questions. So far, the strategies of the EK CARS section are well explained, so I was asking if anyone has used them and done well/improved in CARS.

What would you say a good time is for a passage (reading and answering the ques)? Under 10 mins? Thanks

theonlytycrane

7+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    Not a review per say, but a strategy to follow to read and answer the questions. So far, the strategies of the EK CARS section are well explained, so I was asking if anyone has used them and done well/improved in CARS.

What would you say a good time is for a passage (reading and answering the ques)? Under 10 mins? Thanks

I practiced with:

7 questions - 11 minutes
    6 questions - 10 minutes
    5 questions - 9 minutes

This puts you just ahead of pace to spend a few moments here or there to take a breath, look for an answer, or review.

Reactions: 1 user