EK exam #1g

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lorac

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey,
was just wondering if this exam was any good at predicting an actual mcat score...scored a 5 in the verbal section :( not so hot...i know...anyone else scoring lower than usual on this test????? :(

Members don't see this ad.

lorac said:
hey,
was just wondering if this exam was any good at predicting an actual mcat score...scored a 5 in the verbal section :( not so hot...i know...anyone else scoring lower than usual on this test????? :(

No worries. 1g is a beast of a test. I made a 34 on my last kaplan (13,11,10), and managed a 28 on the 1g (with i believe an 8 in verbal). It is a killer exam. How did you do on the sciences on it? I would also get the EK 101 book and just practice practice practice. I ve gone 7,10, 11 with the book so far - it REALLY helps.

I really hope it means absolutely nothing as I scored a 23 on it, but took 6r last weekend and got a 31.

yeah i don't believe it. i think it's crap b/c its so off what i usually score. except i will say that the biology part was equal towhat i usually score. i got a 11-BS, 7-PS, 7-V; and this is nothing like what i usually score even on a horrible day so if it makes you feel better let's hope this is just like kaplan diags and just meant to scare us.

Members don't see this ad :)
i just took ek-1g and did really bad I got a 20, P-8 V-6 B-6, it is suprising because bio is my strong section and physics is my weak section. I felt like the sciences didnt have much to do with critical reading, you had to just know random stuff to answer the questions.
i got a 26 on kaplan full length 2 this past weekend
hopefully I can go up before aug 19th!

I just finished the #1g--my first real practice test--and I sucked it. Bad. Worse than any of you guys on this thread. *SIGH* I haven't really studied Bio and Orgo yet and did just as poorly on that as I did on Phys Sciences, which I have been living and breathing the past 2 weeks. Oh, my. What a discouraging test. :mad:

JimmyG said:
I just finished the #1g--my first real practice test--and I sucked it. Bad. Worse than any of you guys on this thread. *SIGH* I haven't really studied Bio and Orgo yet and did just as poorly on that as I did on Phys Sciences, which I have been living and breathing the past 2 weeks. Oh, my. What a discouraging test. :mad:

+1 very discouraging. I took 1g for my first real practice test yesterday, too. Got a 10 in BS, 10 in PS, and 7 in VR. I was really confident with my VR score and then I checked it and got 1/2 wrong??? Hopefully there's enough time for me to improve verbal since I have 9 more full length practice exams (2 Kaplans, 7 AAMCs). I really hope the real MCAT is easier than this.

WilliamsF1 get out of town. hahah just kidding a 27 on 1g and complaining? wow. i bet you rock the kaplan and aamc ones then. seeing as 1g is rocket science.

I took 1g and got a 19, I was freaking out. Yesterday I took AAMC 7 and got a 24. That's more around what I'd be expecting at this point. 1g is craziness!

really? Maybe it is just too tailored to the Examkrackers Philosophy.... those who have used the EK books probably do better on it than those who haven't. I got 11 PS, 8 VR, 11 BS (30)... my first 30 mind you... although this is the 1st practice test I've taken in 6 weeks, I have been scoring 26-28 on AAMC... hopefully its a good sign

I wonder if the EK tests cater to a prep company's philosophy and games that the first test is always significantly harder than the real thing adn the last is more closely aligned..like EK 3 and easier? :confused:

Tanner82 said:
really? Maybe it is just too tailored to the Examkrackers Philosophy.... those who have used the EK books probably do better on it than those who haven't. I got 11 PS, 8 VR, 11 BS (30)... my first 30 mind you... although this is the 1st practice test I've taken in 6 weeks, I have been scoring 26-28 on AAMC... hopefully its a good sign

I scored very similarly to you on EK 1g (11PS, 9VR, 10BS [30]). I'm usually fairly good at Verbal and was a little disappointed with my score. Luckily I got a T on the writing section.

Overall I do think that the test is obviously skewed towards the EK users. There were times when I was reading PS or BS questions thinking "ok, I know I should be able to remember this, it sounds like it's coming verbatim from something I read in EK."

That being said, I don't really know how accurate a predictor it is, but I'm hoping it's not too far off for me personally!

By the way, does anyone else feel like they're on an emotional rollercoaster when grading their tests? Like while grading VR, a lot of times I'm going along marking the ones I got wrong and thinking "wow I sure sucked it up big time here", but then when I figure out my scaled score, I'm pleasantly surprised. Or when I'm grading PS or BS and thinking "wow, I didn't miss all that many" only to realize that I did in fact miss a good amount, they were just spaced out evenly, and my scaled score is less than I hoped for.

I tell you, this entire process just messes with you in so many ways.

H and D said:
I really hope it means absolutely nothing as I scored a 23 on it, but took 6r last weekend and got a 31.

Looking at your average scores for the AAMC exams (which by definition are the most representative of the real thing), I think it's probably safe to assume that you shouldn't worry about your 1g score.

Hey guys,

Is the #1g you guys took the same as #1e? Just wondering if EK updated 1e and called it 1g. First phys passage was on sonic ranging device for 1e. Can anyone confirm?

I got a 10P and 8V. I thought I did well on verbal. 11 on aamc 7, who knows. :scared:

Our scores might be sucking but think of it this way. Once you go over this test, you'll KNOW how to tackle these hard questions. I think EK's goal for these tests is to teach you rather than for you to gauge your performance. Same goes for the lecture tests. If you want to guage yourself, there are the aamc exams. Gl all.

EDIT: it's the same!

If anyone wants explanations: http://www.examkrackers.com/pdf/Answers_to_EK-1g.pdf