EK lovers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
C

Chankovsky

Is EK review as good as everybody says it is. It seems like a lot of people on this forum are EK lovers.

Members don't see this ad.

You've already asked a similar question and got responses back in another thread. Plus your post answers itself.

You already know what we think, now it's time for you to decide. Take a look at all the diff books then decide which you like best. In fact you could probably buy several sets and return the ones you don't like.

Originally posted by Chankovsky
Is EK review as good as everybody says it is. It seems like a lot of people on this forum are EK lovers.

no, we were all lying when we answered this the first time ;)

It's different people, different approaches Chankovsky. I used EK and thought it was a great product. However, you will find many, many people who love and hate all the prep methods. It's more efficient use of time to just choose one and go with it if you really can't look at the products yourself and decide (which would be the best route). None of them put information in your brain by osmosis (contrary to titles!) they all require work. So have a look, pick one, and run with it.

I never answered before because i agreed with what they said. So if you were trying to get more people to say they like it, i bet more people aren't answering to the post because they agree with what those that answered response.

I have looked at PR, Kaplan, EK, and a few others. I have also asked around quite a bit; not just on this forum but other pre-meds at my school, and the general consensus was that EK was the best. I first bought kaplan's big book and looked over and read a lot of it and now I am reading EK. I like EK much better, but it's nice to have Kaplan's practice test to add to the collection. Well hope this helps. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm... Maybe he actually working for the marketing department at EK. Sly one he is..:D :laugh: :laugh:

Just don't think any one prep company is going to be a miracle and automatically get you a 38 score or something. The bottom line is that the prep takes LOTS of work for most people. The reason I liked EK was that it gave you the bare minimum of what you need to know. and it turned out to be true for the april mcat as far as what they actually tested you on. Even for the bio I think EK might have gone too much in depth since a lot of the questions seemed to be related to just what you should have gotten out of the passage. EK is good, as are other prep companies...but again do not solely rely on the quality of their product to get you the score you want!