EK OSMOSIS CDs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

MSc44

This question may sound a bit foolish but how did you use them, did u listen to 1-12 straight through over and over, did you listen to 1 over and over, 2 over and over, 3 over and over etc. Did u listen to each one and take notes and repeat that process, any help would be great thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I listened to Disc 1 and took notes, then 2 and took notes, etc. Then I listened to them again, 1, 2, 3 etc. throughout my studies.

I had the Ek complete series(books) and audio osmosis. before I started to study for the MCAT I would listen to them over and over again on my commutes. Maybe 3 times straight through.

then when I was studying for the MCAt I would listen to a chapter. read the chapter. do the problems. do the exam after rereading a total of 3 times and listening at least once and listening twice for harder chapters.

I only took notes on EK orgo but used the book for notes and audio tapes as filler.

I found out before i studied for the MCAT that I do well when I have something to look at when studying as opposed to listening so I did not open the EK audio osmosis as much as I thought I would.

stoleyerscrubz said:
I had the Ek complete series(books) and audio osmosis. before I started to study for the MCAT I would listen to them over and over again on my commutes. Maybe 3 times straight through.

then when I was studying for the MCAt I would listen to a chapter. read the chapter. do the problems. do the exam after rereading a total of 3 times and listening at least once and listening twice for harder chapters.

I only took notes on EK orgo but used the book for notes and audio tapes as filler.

I found out before i studied for the MCAT that I do well when I have something to look at when studying as opposed to listening so I did not open the EK audio osmosis as much as I thought I would.

they seem to go very fast and dont seem to explain things that well, should i get the books to supplement

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the best value from the books. I think I only got 'piece of mind' from trying out the CDs. the few people I see in my classes recording lectures(if they actually listen to them again to study/take notes) might find the Audio Osmosis of great value. i'm a very visual learner and the books have a lot of graphs and charts that helped me understand and memorize topics.

Audio Osmosis has a high resell value so i did not feel bad paying the $100 or so i spent on them. If I payed the $100+ i did for the CDs and could not resell the CDs then i would have been pretty pizzed-off. The complete package I felt was worth every penny I spent on them if I was unable to resell them at all.

MSc44 said:
they seem to go very fast and dont seem to explain things that well, should i get the books to supplement

I didn't think they were too great, they went over topics that seemed to be really really basic. Also i don't think they will help too much, unless if u have gone over the material or remember the material fairly well. They move really fast in the CDs. I think it should be used only as a refresher or to help u re review materials. I occasionally used them when i would sometimes drive home for a weekend, but in the end they would just stress me out.