EK Physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cwtreloar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I bought the EK complete study package and have been following their 10week home study schedule. I took P1 this past semester and will be taking P2 in the spring. I've only worked through the first two lectures, but I've found lectures extremely confusing. I've also found the 30-minute lectures to be very hard due to odd wording and poor explanations.

Anyone else struggling/upset with EK physics?

Members don't see this ad.

the lectures are not confusing for me
but the end of the lecture quizes are:eek: because they require a lot of past knowledge, for example lecture one is all about vectors and bla bla but in the test there is a question about work. Keep in mind the problems are not mcat like so maybe nova's physics book would be better for you.
hope it helps

I bought the EK complete study package and have been following their 10week home study schedule. I took P1 this past semester and will be taking P2 in the spring. I've only worked through the first two lectures, but I've found lectures extremely confusing. I've also found the 30-minute lectures to be very hard due to odd wording and poor explanations.

Anyone else struggling/upset with EK physics?

I did the first two chapters of EK and stopped using it completely after that. The explanations didn't help me at all and the text section didn't have anything I found useful. I've been using BR materials for physics and they are MUCH, MUCH better. They give you test strategies that are really good. The passages and questions are excellent and I like their explanations.

EK is good for the biology though. But for general chemistry and physics I'd recommend you get BR materials. I know people here swear by them, but I was tentative about using them. I'm so glad I'm using them now.

Thanks for the responses, guys. What about PR for physics? I just bought a set of PR hyperlearn books really cheap so I'm using them either way I guess. (I couldn't find BR materials anywhere except from their website and I rather spend what little money I have on CBTs)

What about PR for physics?
I have heard TPR recommended quite frequently, almost as often as TBR for physics.
Haven't used it personally but hopefully others who used both TPR/TBR can let you know more specifics on differences/advantages of each.