EK practice exam 1d

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mistress S

Don't mess with the S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took this exam today and was wondering what other people who have taken it thought of it. I thought the verbal seemed particularly difficult, although I ended up doing well in that part (it is always my best section), I did have to use the entire 85 minutes which I usually don't need. PS seemed comparable to other practice tests I have taken, but I did terrible in BS--2 points lower than I've been getting--which may be due to the (it seemed to me) large # of anatomy related questions, as I haven't reviewed that yet (or done any BS review, for that matter). Anyway, if anyone wants to share their opinion it would be nice to get some feedback (I don't know anyone else studying for the MCAT right now!), especially if anyone can discuss correlation of this exam with the Real Thing. Thanks! :p

Members don't see this ad.

I got a 28 on it. I thought it was very comparable to AAMC exams.

I remember reading on the EK site that Orsay himself said the bio section scaled scores are a little low.

That's the same thing I got on it lil pook! I've only taken AAMC I and III, but I agree that it seemed similair--except for the verbal, that part seemed especially difficult to me while I was taking it. I would rate most of those passages as moderate to difficult, with no truly easy ones (friggin' Kant AND an abstract discussion about the existence and/or meaning of choice and freedom seemed like a bit much). Like I said, I did well in that section anyway (13-15), but I can see how people who struggle with VR would have had difficulty with some of those passages, although I guess the scale took that into account as it was fairly generous (you could miss 23 questions and still get a 10). Any more thoughts on this test? How about the bio section? And if anyone can discuss the relation of this exam to the actual MCAT, that would be great.

Thanks deepfry--I didn't see your comments until after my last post. That's good to know about the bio scale, hopefully that is part of my lower-than-normal performance in that area.