EK Prep Course in Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AK1kinase

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'd like to know if anyone here is registered for the EK prep course in Chicago and if anyone has any opinions (positive/negative) about this prep course. Any helpful info would be much appreciated. Thanks :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know if anyone here is registered for the EK prep course in Chicago and if anyone has any opinions (positive/negative) about this prep course. Any helpful info would be much appreciated. Thanks :thumbup:

there was a thread like this before. Do a search. ALso visit a sticky on the forum with ratings of pre-courses.
As far as how good is their course in Chicago no one will know since this is the first time they are having it here.
:luck:

Yea, I did find that post but no one in there said specifically they were registered. Just wondering if I'm going to be the only kid in class when it starts, which I wouldn't really mind since it'd be like having a private tutor. Also, when I talked to EK they mentioned they were "re-entering" the Chicago area so I'm assuming they have taught here in the past. Anyways gluck to you in April as well.

Yea, I did find that post but no one in there said specifically they were registered. Just wondering if I'm going to be the only kid in class when it starts, which I wouldn't really mind since it'd be like having a private tutor. Also, when I talked to EK they mentioned they were "re-entering" the Chicago area so I'm assuming they have taught here in the past. Anyways gluck to you in April as well.

as far as i know they haven't thought in Chicago (at least not in the last 3 years).
I am sure there will be a lot of ppl in the class though.
Most of pre-meds know that EK is a great prep. Though if you really self motivated and come up with a good plan (i have their 10 week schedule which i have modyfied to my needs) then you may save a lot of money. Yes they offer real AAMC MCATs but if you read the fine print u do not get access to ALL of them.
I calculated that the cost off the EK study package +AO(i highly recomend it)+all of the MCATs from e-macat.com is going to be around $600. And that is some good savings (vs.nearly 1700 for the class).
If i had the money i would take EK in a hearbeat but if i can save 1100 bucks i'd rather study on my own...especially that now mok exams are easier to take and grade since they are CBT.
anyway i think you will like the class. I haven't taken it but i have their books and all i love them!
GOOD LUCK!