Ek reading lectures and taking notes, how long did it take to finish?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

misplacedshadow

Underclass Hero
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I thought that since the EK material hasvmost of the material that you nee to know and does not go far in too depth, I was thinking about studying solely from these books. I intend do read the lectures and then take notes. For those people of have already done this, how long did it take you to do this? Do you have any other tips for other people who plan on doing this also?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I thought that since the EK material hasvmost of the material that you nee to know and does not go far in too depth, I was thinking about studying solely from these books. I intend do read the lectures and then take notes. For those people of have already done this, how long did it take you to do this? Do you have any other tips for other people who plan on doing this also?

I'd say about 8 days to get through everything in those books

Really only 8 days to read and take notes? How many hours did you read and takevnotes each day?

Read through books twice first four days. Take notes and in lecture-Quizzes days 5 and 6. And 1-2 days doing end of lecture 30minute quizzes.

Whole days studying, with hour breaks, food breaks, bathroom breaks and hour to workout.

You have to focus and push through if you want to finish in this time, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it depends on how solid you are with the content. If you have it down, yeah, then maybe 8 days would work. If you don't and are learning some topics as you go (like I was), then it would probably take more than 8 days. Probably more like at least 2-3 weeks depending on how many hours you put in.

I think it depends on how solid you are with the content. If you have it down, yeah, then maybe 8 days would work. If you don't and are learning some topics as you go (like I was), then it would probably take more than 8 days. Probably more like at least 2-3 weeks depending on how many hours you put in.

8 days to finish all subjects (physics, general chem, organic chem, and biology)? Although they are condensed and to the point, these subjects together make about 500 pages or more. It does not seem possible to finish all these pages along with the between lecture questions and 30 min in class examination at the end of each lecture. Even without solving any question and just reading, finishing all this in just 8 days is not efficient at all and you will forgot 50 % of what you read unless you really had this information down from before. The thing about EK is that each sentence in their book is like gold. Each sentence is important toward the topic that is why it takes a little longer to finish. Honestly, I'm giving myself a month to finish their content review because I'm doing each between lecture questions as well as the 30 min in class exams at the end of each lecture. 8 days would probably be enough if you put 12 hours a day which will lead you to forget at least 50 % of what you read. Because I'm giving it time, I'm up to half way through the material and I feel like I remember more than 85 % of the stuff....each one is different. Good luck!

8 days to finish all subjects (physics, general chem, organic chem, and biology)? Although they are condensed and to the point, these subjects together make about 500 pages or more. It does not seem possible to finish all these pages along with the between lecture questions and 30 min in class examination at the end of each lecture. Even without solving any question and just reading, finishing all this in just 8 days is not efficient at all and you will forgot 50 % of what you read unless you really had this information down from before. The thing about EK is that each sentence in their book is like gold. Each sentence is important toward the topic that is why it takes a little longer to finish. Honestly, I'm giving myself a month to finish their content review because I'm doing each between lecture questions as well as the 30 min in class exams at the end of each lecture. 8 days would probably be enough if you put 12 hours a day which will lead you to forget at least 50 % of what you read. Because I'm giving it time, I'm up to half way through the material and I feel like I remember more than 85 % of the stuff....each one is different. Good luck!

Sounds like too much focus on the detail. The way I learn is go over everything, and establish an application of what I learned by doing problems.

The best way I'm going to do that is by doing EK passages altogether and TBR Passages following, brushing up on weaknesses and approaches as I go.

Once done with this content review, I will do FL of Kaplans and then AAMC FLs to build up endurance and really see where I'm at. Then I can go into the test with confidence the day of knowing that I spent my time most wisely.

That seems the most efficient way to study...

Sounds like too much focus on the detail. The way I learn is go over everything, and establish an application of what I learned by doing problems.

The best way I'm going to do that is by doing EK passages altogether and TBR Passages following, brushing up on weaknesses and approaches as I go.

Once done with this content review, I will do FL of Kaplans and then AAMC FLs to build up endurance and really see where I'm at. Then I can go into the test with confidence the day of knowing that I spent my time most wisely.

That seems the most efficient way to study...

Actually it is not really about too much focus on detail. It's just that I put maximum 4 hours a day to study and I do the 30 min in class exams (3 passages) after each chapter as well as the between lecture questions. So at that point, I'm still practicing and doing content review as well. Plus my exam is Aug 23 so I will have a whole month to just do TBR passages for all sections, and finish the EK 101 Verbal and then do all AAMC Fls, and if I have time, I will do some kaplan just extra. We pretty much in the same boat toward the end but everyone is different. I feel that EK is not detailed at all and it help me get the big picture of everything. Good luck though!

Actually it is not really about too much focus on detail. It's just that I put maximum 4 hours a day to study and I do the 30 min in class exams (3 passages) after each chapter as well as the between lecture questions. So at that point, I'm still practicing and doing content review as well. Plus my exam is Aug 23 so I will have a whole month to just do TBR passages for all sections, and finish the EK 101 Verbal and then do all AAMC Fls, and if I have time, I will do some kaplan just extra. We pretty much in the same boat toward the end but everyone is different. I feel that EK is not detailed at all and it help me get the big picture of everything. Good luck though!

haha sounds like we're both using the modified 3 month study plan.

I do admit though, that I have been using the Audio Osmosis after all the readings just to be thinking about all the content.

My test is 8/12 so seems we're both feeling the pressure. -good luck to you too !