EK Short on Biochem - what to use instead?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jparsenal87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am finishing up my first runthrough of content review going through the EK books, and I had heard that EK is pretty light on MCAT biochem. After finishing the first 2 bio books, I agree with this, even though there is some biochem in the Chem manual.

So I'm wondering what the best resource for a full review of biochem material is (given how large a chunk of the test is now biochem). Is TBR sufficient for all biochem you would need to know?

Members don't see this ad.

I am finishing up my first runthrough of content review going through the EK books, and I had heard that EK is pretty light on MCAT biochem. After finishing the first 2 bio books, I agree with this, even though there is some biochem in the Chem manual.

So I'm wondering what the best resource for a full review of biochem material is (given how large a chunk of the test is now biochem). Is TBR sufficient for all biochem you would need to know?

AK LECTURES ON YOUTUBE!

Is TBR sufficient for all biochem you would need to know?

It definitely is, but there's a caveat. Biochemistry is found in both Biology Book 2 (the energetics, kinetics, and pathway material) and Orgo Book 2 (the structural and reactivity material). Be sure to look at both of those books for a thorough review of the material, and more importantly, tons of mnemonics and shortcuts for getting answers fast without making typical errors.