EK Verbal 101 vs Actual AAMC Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmission

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All -- I was wondering if anyone who took the actual MCAT (recently), and used the EK Verbal 101 to prepare could let me know if they think the 101 passages were accurate predictors of their actual score. If you did use the book, perhaps you could please post your practice scores along with actual?

I saw a few other threads like this, but they were all from a few years back. Thanks.

edit: sorry, meant to put this in MCAT forum

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All -- I was wondering if anyone who took the actual MCAT (recently), and used the EK Verbal 101 to prepare could let me know if they think the 101 passages were accurate predictors of their actual score. If you did use the book, perhaps you could please post your practice scores along with actual?

I saw a few other threads like this, but they were all from a few years back. Thanks.

Moving to MCAT!

Try purchasing the actual AAMC practice tests, those are going to be the closest to the real thing. You get aamc 3 for free and the other test are 35 dollars each here: https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/preparing/85158/orderingpracticetests_mcat.html

You can flag questions you aren't sure about and you can go through your wrong answers. There's also the option of using a timer. I bought 3 of these iirc and found them immensely useful for preparation, although it was towards the end of my study period.

i havent gotten my scores back yet, but i have gotten the same score on EK101 exams as I have on the AAMC exams (11s), so I guess it should be pretty consistent!