EK verbal 101

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabadr10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The passages in the book are set up as indivual tests. Do yall take the individual tests or 2-3 passages a day?

Members don't see this ad.

At first I took the first couple tests without being timed to get a feel for the passages and questions. Then in the middle of my practice I started separating my practice into a few passages a day. The last month or so I've been doing the last few tests under strict timed conditions. I think it depends on what you're comfortable with and how far into your studying you are. I think the closer you are to your test the more strict you should be with timing and practice.

First week, I would read 3 passages a day and answer all of the questions without timing myself. Then I would check it over to see what I've missed.

Second/third week, time yourself in a couple of ~ 6/7min a passage and see how much more you've missed or didn't miss in comparison to last week.

Lastly, go for the whole test under timed condition. If you run out of tests on the EK verbal, look for the Gold Standard online tests, then do the AAMC test.

Good luck. :luck: