Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

EK Verbal 30 MIN PRACTICE TESTS!!!

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by axp107, May 13, 2007.

1. axp107

axp107 UCLA 09': Italian Pryde

What the...

I just took the verbal 30 min practice tests and got...

1) 12

2) 8

3) 7

The last test seemed easy.. until I looked at my answers lol. I got ALL the questions wrong on the first page.. wow

What is going on lol? Are these really representative of the real tests... and plus

each test has 21 questions, except on the score conversion key a 23 is a 15 and a 21 is a 13.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. scotties123

scotties123 GrandMacDaddy

Medical Student
    u need to read the first page of every ek book, which states: "your scores on the 30 minute exams are NOT indicative of your score on the real mcat".
    ek is harder then usual because they feel if u can do harder stuff, then easy stuff shudnt be an issue

4. Green Pirate

Green Pirate Neurotic Neuro Enthusiast

Pre-Medical
    wow you nailed the first test, OP. I got an 8 on the first, 10 on the second, and I haven't taken the 3rd yet.

But yeah... some of those questions were pretty ambigious, and it took some serious post-test analysis to figure out why I missed the questions I missed. I also thought the passage on lawsuits on the second test was ridiculously difficult to read.

verbal is kind of fun though. I look forward to improving my ability.

5. axp107

axp107 UCLA 09': Italian Pryde

How'd you grade them though?

The score conversion chart shows that a 23 is a 15.. even though there are 21 questions.

6. scotties123

scotties123 GrandMacDaddy

Medical Student
    again, u guys shud read the first page of these ek books. they explain that these are not accurate representations of your score on the mcat. theyre basically just practice. and furthermore, just a heads up, the Ek practice exams are based on EXACT wording from the ek material itself. so you may (and probably will) see these same topics worded COMPLETELY differently on other practice exams, especially the aamc ones.

7. Lacipart

Lacipart M1 at UW-Madison

Medical Student
    How accurate... it's equally impossible to get a 45 on the real thing :laugh:

8. scottj72

Pre-Medical
    Well.. there is not alot of difference on the actual scores. There was a time when AAMC could not even differentiate between them. In 2003 they made changes to make sure they could again give 13-14-15 as seperate scores as opposed to just putting all of them in one group 13-15.

9. jochi1543

jochi1543 President, Gunner Central

Pre-Medical
    I took 3 EK verbals (1,2, and something like 5 or 6) and got 10 on all 3. Then I took AAMC 3R and 9R and got 10 and 11. So I guess yeah, they're fairly representative.