EK Verbal Audio Osmosis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

V4viet

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys i only have the EK verbal audio osomosis but not the Ek verbal lesson book. Is it pretty much the same material you learn? I have Ek 101 Verbal though.. I figure I'm just going to write down some tips from the Ek verbal audio os. and then practice practice...

Members don't see this ad.

The EK verbal lesson book teaches the same strategies as the audio osmosis verbal; the main thing you'll be missing are some exercises in the book that apply the strategies (question stems, main idea, etc.). The verbal book also teaches basic math techniques at the beginning, and I don't remember if audio osmosis includes this. If it doesn't, it's pretty basic stuff that should come second nature such as rounding and scientific notation. I think audio osmosis with EK verbal 101 should be adequate.

hey guys i only have the EK verbal audio osomosis but not the Ek verbal lesson book. Is it pretty much the same material you learn? I have Ek 101 Verbal though.. I figure I'm just going to write down some tips from the Ek verbal audio os. and then practice practice...

here are the tips from EK verbal:

1) don't read kaplan
*picture of a salty cracker interspersed within the pages*
2) don't read the princeton review
*more pictures of a salty cracker interspersed within the pages*
3) don't even read the passage ( u may think im kidding but im not)

haha yeah, it is kind of funny when they strongly advise against using other prep companies verbal strategies. Not sure where #3 came from though...did you read the lectures? They absolutely do not give the advice to not read the passage. While EK claims that a couple of their techniques (question stems, softeners) can hint at the correct answer without knowledge of the passage, they still strongly empasize that developing a main idea is very important. Obviously one must thoroughly read the passage in order to do this. Lecture one even says in bold not to skim through the passage, much less skip the entire thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
haha yeah, it is kind of funny when they strongly advise against using other prep companies verbal strategies. Not sure where #3 came from though...did you read the lectures? They absolutely do not give the advice to not read the passage. While EK claims that a couple of their techniques (question stems, softeners) can hint at the correct answer without knowledge of the passage, they still strongly empasize that developing a main idea is very important. Obviously one must thoroughly read the passage in order to do this. Lecture one even says in bold not to skim through the passage, much less skip the entire thing.

they make u do practices where u do questions w/o seeing the passage... complete waste of time. it doesnt "show" anything about question stems; they chose the easiest questions possible and presented them to you. If you did the same practice with their verbal 101 book questions w/o reading the passage, have fun getting 1 question correct

they make u do practices where u do questions w/o seeing the passage... complete waste of time. it doesnt "show" anything about question stems; they chose the easiest questions possible and presented them to you. If you did the same practice with their verbal 101 book questions w/o reading the passage, have fun getting 1 question correct

They just want you to see that alot of the info. is contained within the questions. That and to pay attention to the question carefully.