EK Verbal book question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ultimeaciax

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which is more beneficial (initially for people who just starting to studying for the MCAT), doing each test in one sitting for an hour, or taking a few passages at a time under a strict timed-condition (8-6 mins per passage)?

Members don't see this ad.

I prefer taking a few passages everyday throughout one's study schedule. Now if there were enough good verbal sources to take 5 passages per day, that would be ideal.

Which is more beneficial (initially for people who just starting to studying for the MCAT), doing each test in one sitting for an hour, or taking a few passages at a time under a strict timed-condition (8-6 mins per passage)?

i would do the full test in an hour. but heres the important thing- when you're done, make sure that you really analyze WHY you got a question wrong. examkrackers does a good job of this in the answers section. so when you see this type of question or whatever again, you'll know how to interpret it.

examkrackers 101 verbal is awesome, btw.
goodluck!

when i first started i broke the tests down to a couple passages at a time, but as i got better i've been doing the whole hour

Members don't see this ad :)
I prefer taking a few passages everyday throughout one's study schedule. Now if there were enough good verbal sources to take 5 passages per day, that would be ideal.

Maybe I'm being naive here, but I think are tons of good sources for verbal passages. When I enter my MCAT period, I'm planning to purchase the official Reading Comprehension books for the LSAT, GRE, or GMAT. I don't see why they would be that much different from the MCAT.

docelh:

Yeah, all of those books are awful for MCAT verbal. While each of those tests has a verbal reasoning section, none of them are similar to the MCAT. Use MCAT verbal reasoning books only. All of those tests are very different from one another in a variety of ways.

Maybe I'm being naive here, but I think are tons of good sources for verbal passages. When I enter my MCAT period, I'm planning to purchase the official Reading Comprehension books for the LSAT, GRE, or GMAT. I don't see why they would be that much different from the MCAT.

yeah....dont do that. you know why a lot of people have a problem with VR on the mcat? its very different than what you did, say, for the ACT. like the poster above me said, get MCAT VR books.