EK verbal score if skip one passage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicineForLife 777

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who are completing all but one passage on the verbal section, how are your scores on the EK verbals? I used to skip two passages, but I'm getting better now and only skipping one. What I really want to know is if I'm compromising my accuracy by moving faster? I think my accuracy is actually higher going faster. So, anyone who's skipping one passage care to share their score on EK verbal? :D

Members don't see this ad.

AlisaGirlX said:
For those who are completing all but one passage on the verbal section, how are your scores on the EK verbals? I used to skip two passages, but I'm getting better now and only skipping one. What I really want to know is if I'm compromising my accuracy by moving faster? I think my accuracy is actually higher going faster. So, anyone who's skipping one passage care to share their score on EK verbal? :D
Sometimes I skip one, and sometimes two. I have to agree with you for some odd reason, when I skip 1 passage, meaning, I read a faster, and not care as much, I get a high 8 or a 9, but when I skip 2 passages, I can never get higher than an ok 8 or high 7.
So, how did you improve yourself to skip one instead of two.
btw, I don't in this EK **** is working, I feel ok with EK passages, I read them and I get them, however I took AAMC 8R yesterday, and man, that verbal was form the last level of hell.

bunnybear said:
Sometimes I skip one, and sometimes two. I have to agree with you for some odd reason, when I skip 1 passage, meaning, I read a faster, and not care as much, I get a high 8 or a 9, but when I skip 2 passages, I can never get higher than an ok 8 or high 7.
So, how did you improve yourself to skip one instead of two.
btw, I don't in this EK **** is working, I feel ok with EK passages, I read them and I get them, however I took AAMC 8R yesterday, and man, that verbal was form the last level of hell.

Basically, I'm just not going back to the passage as much so it saves time. I make an effort to understand it the first time I read, and pick an answer from what I understand.

Do you ever wonder if your accuracy is compromised when you go faster since you can score an 8 skipping one OR two passages? I think that sometimes, so I'm going to test it out today.

I think EK is easier and more straightforward with the answers than AAMC. I'm not really sure though. I've only taken 4 EK verbals and 2 AAMC....anyone care to verify?

Also, more comments on this topic would be helpful! :D

AlisaGirlX said:
I thought the same thing. I think when I took my time and subsequently ran out of time, I would think too much into the questions.