• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

yungwunn911

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2006
NJ
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hey everyone,

Verbal is my major weak point on this exam. So I've been using EK's Verbal 101 for some practice.

However, this book has 85 minute tests with 60 questions in it. To my understanding the new edition has changed to 60 min/40q.

I'm wondering if practicing with the 85min/60 is a good idea and will build up my endurance better, or should i go out and get the revised version for a more realisic practice?

opinions please!

csmittyB

Endocringe
10+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I have both versions of the EK 101 (85min/60q and 60min/40q) and all of the passages are the same. All they did was take the first 7 passages from each test (I think there was 9/test in the old version) and elimitated some questions to get 40q's. The remaining 2 passages from each test were combined into a couple more practice tests.

I'd recommend just doing the first 7 passages of each test and 40 questions in that test. If you can get a hold of the newer version without buying it, you could see which q's they eliminated. Otherwise you can randomly eliminate some. I don't know the legality of posting the eliminated questions or I would.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.