• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

EK verbal

wingy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2000
    I was looking on the EK website and I was wondering if it would be best to just get the 101 verbal passages or get the 101 verbal passages and the exam kracker verbal and reasoning and math book?

phatty925

7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Apr 24, 2002
    NY, NY
      i think there is a huge difference b/twn EK's verbal strategies and strategies suggested by other prep co.'s...
      EK's main focus is on the main idea of the passage. i wasn't that strong in verbal, but this strategy has helped me out a lot. when i am in doubt between two answer choices, i pick the answer choice that goes better with the main idea..the book will elaborate on this strategy. i would recommend buying the EK verbal reasoning and math book, along with the new 101 verbal passages book. i'm working on the 101 verbal passages book and doing 3 full lengths a week. i find the questions VERY similar to AAMC questions. also, although i didn't take TPR, someone gave me their tests A-D book and i find their verbal passages to be completely different from AAMC passages...
      whether you are practicing with TPR passages, Kaplan passages or EK passages, i think the most important part is practicing consistently. In my opinion, it's best to practice with passages most like what you will see on the actual test day.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.