wingy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2000
Visit site
Status
I was looking on the EK website and I was wondering if it would be best to just get the 101 verbal passages or get the 101 verbal passages and the exam kracker verbal and reasoning and math book?

tatabox80

Super-Duper Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 24, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
I have the verbal and math book and so far it has the best verbal strategies I've seen. I still need to practice, but if you buy the 101 passages I think that would be great too.

OP
W

wingy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2000
Visit site
Status
I am taking Princeton Review right now and is there a difference between the verbal EK then the Princeton Review? Whats so different betweek the EK verbal strategies then all the other review courses?

phatty925

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2002
NY, NY
Visit site
Status
i think there is a huge difference b/twn EK's verbal strategies and strategies suggested by other prep co.'s...
EK's main focus is on the main idea of the passage. i wasn't that strong in verbal, but this strategy has helped me out a lot. when i am in doubt between two answer choices, i pick the answer choice that goes better with the main idea..the book will elaborate on this strategy. i would recommend buying the EK verbal reasoning and math book, along with the new 101 verbal passages book. i'm working on the 101 verbal passages book and doing 3 full lengths a week. i find the questions VERY similar to AAMC questions. also, although i didn't take TPR, someone gave me their tests A-D book and i find their verbal passages to be completely different from AAMC passages...
whether you are practicing with TPR passages, Kaplan passages or EK passages, i think the most important part is practicing consistently. In my opinion, it's best to practice with passages most like what you will see on the actual test day.

djjj08

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2002
Visit site
Status
does EK verbal/math book contain same passages as aamc full length exams? (i've already done aamc 4 and 5)?

:confused: