May 4, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi Guys,

I'm preparing for the MCAT and so far, I have the Kaplan books...but I've seen most people here praising EK and I'm thinking to buy those as well. Just a question though-which one is better? The EK 1001 questions or the actual EK book?

Thank you in advance :)

MedPR

Removed
Dec 1, 2011
Status
Pre-Podiatry
They're different. EK 1001 is all problems, the EK content books are content review, some questions, and a 30 minute exam for each chapter. If you're going to use EK + Kaplan (and not TBR) and you are only going to get either EK content or EK 1001, you should get EK content.

OP
M
May 4, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Thank you :) For the EK 1001, do they give explanations for each problem? I would buy the content book, but Kaplan is already content...and its good, but it doesn't have enough problems/questions...

MedPR

Removed
Dec 1, 2011
Status
Pre-Podiatry
Thank you :) For the EK 1001, do they give explanations for each problem? I would buy the content book, but Kaplan is already content...and its good, but it doesn't have enough problems/questions...
Yes, very brief explanations. EK content books are good because they have some questions in the chapter as well as 30 minute practice exams that are a combination of passages and discretes (like the real MCAT). I think the EK 30 minute exams are a much better resource than the EK 1001.