EK-which ones?

Medstudent01

May 4, 2012
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hi Guys,

I'm preparing for the MCAT and so far, I have the Kaplan books...but I've seen most people here praising EK and I'm thinking to buy those as well. Just a question though-which one is better? The EK 1001 questions or the actual EK book?

Thank you in advance :)

MedPR

Membership Revoked
    Removed
    Dec 1, 2011
    1. Pre-Podiatry
      They're different. EK 1001 is all problems, the EK content books are content review, some questions, and a 30 minute exam for each chapter. If you're going to use EK + Kaplan (and not TBR) and you are only going to get either EK content or EK 1001, you should get EK content.

MedPR

Membership Revoked
      Removed
      Dec 1, 2011
      1. Pre-Podiatry
        Thank you :) For the EK 1001, do they give explanations for each problem? I would buy the content book, but Kaplan is already content...and its good, but it doesn't have enough problems/questions...

Yes, very brief explanations. EK content books are good because they have some questions in the chapter as well as 30 minute practice exams that are a combination of passages and discretes (like the real MCAT). I think the EK 30 minute exams are a much better resource than the EK 1001.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.