EKG course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asmith1121

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had taken any worthwhile EKG courses online? I don't mean the free online websites which give you EKGs to look at. Something with an instructor, anyone take the Falcon EKG class? Would like to be better prepared for residency.

Members don't see this ad.

Your school doesn't offer an EKG elective? I don't know if you've ever had a cardiology attending interpret an EKG out loud for you, but it is mind-blowing. There is so much more to it than the basics we learn.

This is exactly why i want to learn a more detailed interpretation! Unfortunately, the elective was only offered during my away rotations. I was hoping someone knew of an online course or something...

Members don't see this ad :)
Get Rapid Interpretation of EKGs by Dubin... great stuff.

Get Rapid Interpretation of EKGs by Dubin... great stuff.

This is the gold standard.

I thought this site was great for building your foundation: http://en.ecgpedia.org/. After that, you just have to ready 1000's of ekg's.

Yea, but he's a pederass.

8-years-old-dude.jpg

Not to mention unlicensed ex plastic surgeon.

Seriously though I'm tired of the obligatory Dubin recommendation. It's the book for nurses and EMTs. If that's where you want to start, great, take one day and read it once, and get rid of it.

OP, I've taken an EKG course, it's a waste of time.You are better off reading on your own, Chou's Electrocardiography. That is what cards fellows read. Then once you've gone through it, shadow a cardiologist a few times asking specifically to be there when they read EKGs. There is no "EKG course" on earth better than doing the above.

That is some great advice! Thank you! I hate Dubin- it's too basic. I need something with more depth. I will look into that.

Little did I know that all the "EKG's" we'd learn in Physio consisted of main electrical axis and four types of heartblock.

I did read the Rapid Interpretation book, but it's more of a memorization / reference tool. You'd need an actual person going through the motions for you to understand it completely... at least that's how I felt.