• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

EKG Interpretation

diosa428

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
    I hated Dubin. It is too simple for me (in terms of the presentation of the material, NOT in terms of the material itself). I would recommend checking it out of your library before buying it, in case it doesn't do the job for you.

If you check out Amazon, a lot of people who didn't like Dubin recommend "The only EKG book you'll ever need", which I just ordered. I haven't gotten it yet, but I hope it's better than Dubin.

About the Ads

roja

7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Oct 20, 2003
    NYC--->San Francisco
    1. Attending Physician
      Dubin= less expensive, very basic. So not bad if you know nothing and don't anticipate having to do a ton of ekg readings.

Garcia ("art of EKG interpretation') is one of the best. It is done in 'grades' from beginner to experienced, which is nice. you will rapidly become comfortable with EKG's if you read it.

Monica Lewinsky

10+ Year Member
      Jan 18, 2008
      1. Medical Student
        Dubin is a great book, and I am of the opinion that you should master the material in it first before moving to a "better" text. Remember that Dubin is not necessarily for physicians (and not just for med students either) and is a pattern-based text rather than a hardcore explanation of EKG findings in the context of all the pieces we know from physiology (although Dubin doesn't ignore the physiological reasons for EKG patterns). If you want to start learning EKG from a more sophisticated context then Dubin probably isn't the way to go. We started learning EKGs soon after we started M1 and Dubin was an invaluable source to supplement the methods we were taught in lecture since he gives a very simple explanation of EKG basics. I wouldn't trust Dubin for higher level knowledge of EKG though.

EKG is very complicated and isn't something you are going to learn overnight, and it isn't something that you will master by reading any text.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.