eLeCTiVe CLiNiCaLs As A ViSiTiNg InT'L STuDeNT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SkAnDaLoUs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
So i read on a few websites that i can apply to do (depending on the specific school) from 8 - 12 weeks of Elective Clinicals at various US Medical Schools as a Visiting International Student.

Is anyone familiar with this, or have done it?

Most of these programs say that you must be in the final year of your medical school to do it. How does that work for Indian Medical Schools?

Does it help (usually they accept 80-90% of the applicants) your chances of being accepted if your international school is affiliated with the US medical school?

Any info, would be of great help. Thanks.
Later...

Members don't see this ad.

cut out the stupid Upper-case, lower-case writing. It's annoying.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is possible and several of us have done it. Many US medical schools allow visiting students to do electives during their final year. This would translate to your 6th year if you are studying at a school with a 6 year curriculum. The information on applying is usually on the program/university web site.

We have discussed this topic at length; since search isn't working, I suggest setting your parameters to check threads from the last year and look through the topic headings.

<a href="http://www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/electives/start.htm" target="_blank">www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/electives/start.htm</a> has a "compendium" of electives which you can set to search for places that will take international students.

thank you sooo much!

later...