Elective grades petition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

step2whenwhen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
delete pelase

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You haven't been graded down. You've been graded UP from a pass. I know you wanted honors and did everything you could, but sometimes **** happens.

Getting a high pass, once again, is NOT being graded down. Only thing I would consider e-mailing him for is asking him what you could have done better during your rotation. Get a LoR if he's a big name.

Mentioning "unfairness" and "graded down" when you got a high pass will (most likely) not end well for you

You werenʻt graded down. I would take the HP and be thankful he didnʻt give you a pass.
Getting an H is all about going that extra mile and giving 110% in everything that you do.
Unfortunately you did not have much opportunity to do this considering the circumstances you described.
But I also think that if you petition for a higher grade you will really annoy the attending and it might do more harm than good.

E-mail him to see what he would have wanted to see from you to get the H if you are really that curious but I definitely wouldnʻt push it by petitioning the grade.

Just my $.02