Elective rotation in India, public health rotation in the US

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rachana

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for a good 4th year elective rotation to do this February in India. I'd like it to be a good medical experience and see some disease processes I wouldn't get to see here. Has anyone had personal experiences which were good (or bad)? I've looked at the Child Family Health Internat'l website and their couple of programs to India look good; the Infectious Disease sounds like the most "medicine-heavy".

I'm also looking for a public health type elective in the US... anyone have any leads?

Any and all input is very much appreciated! My email is [email protected]. Thanks.

Rachana

Members don't see this ad.

no experience, but thought i would let you know about a web page if you havent already visited, www.medicindia.org , hope that helps, i am interested myself in getting to india one day, however i go back and forth on whether or not to do work there or just expereince the country for a few months traveling and living in various cities