Electronic toothbrushes--sonicare vs. braun 3D

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wasabi007

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all,

i was wondering if i could get your opinion/input on which is the better electronic toothbrush--sonicare or braun oral B 3D? i currently own a sonicare and like it a lot. however, i need to purchase a new one to take with me when i go to school and can't decide whether to try the oral b 3D action brush or stick with my sonicare.

i'm curious whether one type is better than the other or not. which one is most effective? any input would be greatly appreciated! :D

-wasabi007

Members don't see this ad.

I have both and I wouldn't necessarily say one is better than the other. I could just live with a regular toothbrush but it's always good to tell you patients when they ask, that you have used them also. They'll trust and honor your opinions more than if you've never used them at all.

In my office, we used to sell both, we've stopped selling the Oral B. Reason being is that in the hands of the "average" patient, we were seeing better results (i.e. less inflamation, bleeding sites, and pocker depths) with the Sonicare. It's just more "idiot proof" that the 3-D, once they get over the initial "interesting" sensation the first few times they use it. Interestingly enough though, our best patients (one that actually have some form of a dental IQ) are still the ones using the old fashioned brush and floss.

What I really tell all my patients, is that there really isn't one perfect brush/cleaning device for everyone, it's what works best in your own hands. BTW, the best way to get a Sonicare/ 3-D in your patient's hands, and to show that you want that "average" patient to have one, is sell them to your patients at YOUR cost. When they see that your price is $10-15 less than Walmart's, you'll put alot of them in their hands, and create a better patient pool for you.