Eleventh-hour questions... for anyone still ranking... Here's mine.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acrolentiginous

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am I literally stupid for ranking BIDMC above Hopkins and MGH?

Seriously.

I care about Pain & Critical Care (less so than Pain, but I still do care). I also care about having an academic career.

Members don't see this ad.

Seriously.

I care about Pain & Critical Care (less so than Pain, but I still do care). I also care about having an academic career.

Hope not. Because I'm doing the same thing. We have similar interests in terms of fellowship (although I'm equally interested in CC and Pain) and academic career goals. In addition to the phenomenal training, what set BIDMC apart from most other programs, including MGH and Hopkins, for me were the residents. There was no other group of residents I enjoyed as much and they truly seemed so happy. I talked to a few friends that had interviewed at BID, B&W, MGH, and Hopkins and we all came up with this same consensus.

Hope not. Because I'm doing the same thing. We have similar interests in terms of fellowship (although I'm equally interested in CC and Pain) and academic career goals. In addition to the phenomenal training, what set BIDMC apart from most other programs, including MGH and Hopkins, for me were the residents. There was no other group of residents I enjoyed as much and they truly seemed so happy. I talked to a few friends that had interviewed at BID, B&W, MGH, and Hopkins and we all came up with this same consensus.

Morethangas, best of luck to you... And we may very well be training together soon :)

Members don't see this ad :)

Seriously.

Absolutely not. I ranked MGH 6th a few years ago. Behind a couple lesser known programs, and matched at a virtually unknown place, got excellent training, and a great PP job.

My reasons mostly centered on geographic preference, and knowing I wouldn't be happy in Boston for 4 years. Not happy = poor training, no matter how "elite" the program is on paper.

I ranked it first and never regretted being a resident at BIDMC. Great experience and wonderful people. PM me if you have specific questions. Best of luck!