Elite Medical Experts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlackBantie

The Black Bantam
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here ever have any experience with this business? I received an email today from them (I have no idea how they found me and I'm sure I'm on some spam list) and it sounded too good to be true and you know how that is...

Essentially they're asking for someone to review and provide an opinion on a legal case. They included the case details in the email and then the pay information:

Elite Medical Experts will pay a minimum $1,350 retainer. This retainer will cover up to 3 hours of your time and should include your preliminary case review and oral opinion with counsel. Any subsequent work will be compensated at a rate of $450 per hour, though pre-authorization from Elite is required. Depositions pay $525 per hour and courtroom time is paid at a flat-fee of $4,000 per day.

Again, it sounds too good to be true so I'm sure there's a catch but I'm wondering what it is.

Members don't see this ad.

Tell them you'll send a copy of your CV after you get the retainer.

Unsolicited stuff like this is often to build up a database. They take your CV and put it in a file so that they can say they are associated with "hundreds of experts." You then do not get work.

I do not reply to stuff like this. If you're interested, ask for the contact information of three experts they have on staff in your state and then check bona fides.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! I figured there was something spammy about it