EM Boards certificate. Who designed this!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GrnLt

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
REALLY!?

You can imagine how excited I was to hear I completed the EM boards and would soon be receiving a certificate that I could proudly display.

Now imagine the complete disappointment when I opened the mail today and saw the actual certificate.

My initial response was..."IS THIS FOR REAL?" Have any of you guys seen the actual certificate? It's as if someone with incredible influence had his/her 5 year old design it with Microsoft word. Who in the right mind approved this design?

Better yet does anyone actually like it?

ABEM, after all that effort and money you cost me, you could have at least spent some time having someone design a certificate that actually looks like a diploma or at least one we'd all be proud displaying.

Members don't see this ad.

Ah, I remember the feeling of disappointment when I gazed at the certificate. It's possibly the least impressive looking certification I've gotten since grade school. Even if you place it in a nice frame, it's still severely underwhelming. I guess they know none of us are going to be displaying it at our place of work.

Members don't see this ad :)
Couldn't agree more. I had no plans of ever framing and displaying it, but I would have been awfully disappointed if I had. I assume they spent so little on it so they could keep all of our certification expenses as reasonable as they were <dripping with sarcasm>>

I was so unhappy with it that I wrote every member of the ABEM board. I was told they were considering redesigning it. Perhaps every new ABEM diplomate should write ABEM and express their disgust with a certificate that looks like a five year old designed it.

Like others, I have no intention of ever framing it as it's really cheap looking and looks pretty fake. I bet the "other board" even though not officially recognized and the subject of much controversy, they probably have a better certificate.

I have mine mounted on the wall next to the participation certificate I got for 6th grade Field Day, but the frame isn't as nice.

no joke! the certificate is outrageously unattractive. i mean, really, it's plain UGLY! the email for general inquires is below:

[email protected]

i'm emailing them, so should you. it won't change our present 'diploma', but at least for the future EM peeps, they can have a legitamate-looking one.

It can't be as laughable as the DEA-License receipt (is it?)

How long after getting the notice of ABEM passage does one receive the said certificate?