EM postbots?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sessamoid

1K Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed that the EM board has more posts and threads than any except the one for surgery and surgical subspecialties. I'd expect surgery to have more posts since there are a buttload more surgeons than ER docs. But we have far more posts than IM and all its subspecialties and FM as well. What is it about us. Do we just not have anything better to do? ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Lifestyle! 40 hours a week! (Although I've been posting oodles since I started internship).

Although surgeons supposedly have a bad lifestyle, I see all the residents hanging out in the lounge, so that must be where they do all their posting.

Q DO

Also, EM is a lot of individuals. If you've noticed, a lot of IM's and surgeons are like the same person carbon copied. A gazillion people will come and say, "We're all different", yada, yada, but, at the end of the day, medicine sits around and thinks a lot, surgery does a REAL lot and thinks a little, but EM is a bunch of individuals that we will all tell each other we're a bunch of a**holes or nice guys, trade war stories, go home, then do it again. There are a lot of opinions in EM, just like anywhere, but I think that those here are more diverse, and more readily accessible (vs. some of the very esoteric you might see elsewhere), so EM stays vibrant - just like we get at work.

Hmm...not too literate, but, my point is that EM people think and do, and aren't afraid to say what is on their minds. Everybody takes a piece of this, and a piece of that, and develops their own style - and that's the essence of EM.

Oh damn! I didn't see who the OP was! What the hell - I'm preaching to the choir!

So, in other words, umm...too much time on our hands!