EM with a sports med fellowship afterward

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JMC_MarineCorps

Primum non nocere
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Distinguished EM SDNers,

Just thought I would throw this out there as this sequence would allow me to tackle both of my interests. Mainly I would like to be in a position opportunity-wise to attend to team/boxing/mixed-martial-arts events in addition to working the ER.

Anyone on here have this sort of experience and care to share?

Thanks,

JMC

Members don't see this ad.

JMC_MarineCorps said:
Distinguished EM SDNers,

Just thought I would throw this out there as this sequence would allow me to tackle both of my interests. Mainly I would like to be in a position opportunity-wise to attend to team/boxing/mixed-martial-arts events in addition to working the ER.

Anyone on here have this sort of experience and care to share?

Thanks,

JMC

I was also considering doing a sports medicine fellowship after my EM residency, so I second the question.

I am more interested in high school or college sports.

Members don't see this ad :)
JMC_MarineCorps said:
Thank you for the links, I will have a look. In the meantime, if anyone with this sort of experience would like to share, please do. Thanks.

Oohrah!

My program provides junior Ferdie Pachecos (the fight doctor) for the Police Athletic League fight nights. I'm sure something similar can be worked out just about anywhere you go.