Email about student host?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

u_raptor

Victim of the Mayo bamboozle
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Apologies if this has been posted before. I have been lucky enough to receive some IIs, and one school in particular offered student hosting. My question is, would it be appropriate or "ok" to ask other II schools if they offer similar arrangements, even if not mentioned in the II email? I feel like it is a good way to both save a little $ and also get a better inside scoop prior to the interview. But I don't want to pester admissions and seem ungrateful in any way. What do y'all think?

Members don't see this ad.

Totally reasonable to ask if it's offered
Yeah its mainly for those I am unsure if its offered.

100% fine to ask if schools have a student hosting program for interviewees. I would check the website first to make sure that info is not readily available.
Thanks, I will make sure to check the site first!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all. Apologies if this has been posted before. I have been lucky enough to receive some IIs, and one school in particular offered student hosting. My question is, would it be appropriate or "ok" to ask other II schools if they offer similar arrangements, even if not mentioned in the II email? I feel like it is a good way to both save a little $ and also get a better inside scoop prior to the interview. But I don't want to pester admissions and seem ungrateful in any way. What do y'all think?
Doesn’t hurt to ask.

Reactions: 1 user
Does UChicago have their request form up already?

I highly recommend using students hosts for any schools that offer it. Save so much money not getting hotels, airBnbs, etc. Totally reasonable to ask and no you're not being ungrateful.

Reactions: 1 users
UChicago also has a student host program and I think one of OPs other interviews is UChicago. Might be either?
I'm actually mainly talking about Georgetown. I've filled out WVU's form, but the fact they had one made me curious about the other schools to see if they had them as well.

Reactions: 1 user