SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Email from Medical College of Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Tryonetic, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Tryonetic

Tryonetic 7+ Year Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I got an email from the admission office of Medical College of Wisconsin today. They said they found my MCAT scores and said I am a "competitive" candidate and would like to see my academic and supporting credentials. Now I live in Boston MA and never thought about applying that far away (except if it's a top school). Do you guys think its worth it to add that school to my list of 30 schools that I put on my AMCAS application? I have a 34M on the MCAT (2nd trial, the 1st time I got 21M!) and my GPA is very mediocre at 3.5. What do you guys think about those kind of emails?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. gates_2

gates_2 10+ Year Member

Dec 18, 2003
    i got it too, as well as one from SLU... i also have a 34 mcat... I think they blanket everyone above a certain score, am I wrong?
  4. Tryonetic

Tryonetic 7+ Year Member

Feb 25, 2008
    It certainly looks like it!
  5. scarterinscrubs

scarterinscrubs 7+ Year Member

Dec 21, 2006
    I thought I was special.
    I will not be applying there newayz.
  6. drcrabber

drcrabber Banned

Jun 18, 2008
    i got emails from Wisconsin and SLU this morning, too! and guess what...i have a 26R MCAT! hahaha, so yea, doesn't mean anything. i'm retaking july 10th tho :)
  7. ckurtis

ckurtis 5+ Year Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Yeah, same here! It got me all excited after I realized they sent the emails at 2 in the morning.
  8. SirGecko

SirGecko Go Navy 10+ Year Member

Feb 27, 2008
  9. slick27

slick27 controversial 7+ Year Member

Jun 1, 2008
    the medical col of WI email means that you meet their MCAT requirements, but does it mean you will get in? who knows?
  10. Ashers

Ashers Bacteria? Don't exist. Physician Faculty 10+ Year Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Land of Entrapment
    For what it's worth, it's a really easy application. No essays.