Email from Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tryonetic

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an email from the admission office of Medical College of Wisconsin today. They said they found my MCAT scores and said I am a "competitive" candidate and would like to see my academic and supporting credentials. Now I live in Boston MA and never thought about applying that far away (except if it's a top school). Do you guys think its worth it to add that school to my list of 30 schools that I put on my AMCAS application? I have a 34M on the MCAT (2nd trial, the 1st time I got 21M!) and my GPA is very mediocre at 3.5. What do you guys think about those kind of emails?

Members don't see this ad.

i got it too, as well as one from SLU... i also have a 34 mcat... I think they blanket everyone above a certain score, am I wrong?

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought I was special.
I will not be applying there newayz.

i got emails from Wisconsin and SLU this morning, too! and guess what...i have a 26R MCAT! hahaha, so yea, doesn't mean anything. i'm retaking july 10th tho :)

Yeah, same here! It got me all excited after I realized they sent the emails at 2 in the morning.

the medical col of WI email means that you meet their MCAT requirements, but does it mean you will get in? who knows?

I got an email from the admission office of Medical College of Wisconsin today. They said they found my MCAT scores and said I am a "competitive" candidate and would like to see my academic and supporting credentials. Now I live in Boston MA and never thought about applying that far away (except if it's a top school). Do you guys think its worth it to add that school to my list of 30 schools that I put on my AMCAS application? I have a 34M on the MCAT (2nd trial, the 1st time I got 21M!) and my GPA is very mediocre at 3.5. What do you guys think about those kind of emails?

For what it's worth, it's a really easy application. No essays.