Quantcast

Email from Temple?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NJDIF

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I got this email from temple this morning saying that i am invited to this reception at their clinical campuses.

The weird thing is, is that i have been invited to things like this at the schools ive been accepted to. However, i was waitlisted at temple in late november/early december.

have any other waitlistees received this email as well?

FlowLimited

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah, a couple of waitlisted folks (including me) mentioned it in the Temple thread. We're not really sure if it means anything or whether everyone on the waitlist got the email.

Ben62734

Person
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yep, same here. I'm starting to think it doesn't really mean anything, although maybe if you go they'd be more likely to accept you off the waitlist? Showing interest and all?

scowdeva

MS I
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think it's kind of nice that they invited waitlisted people to go...however, I doubt they would consider you showing up as 'showing interest' in getting off the waitlist. Maybe if you live right in the area, but for OOS like me, traveling to those receptions just to show interest in the HOPES that we get pulled from the waitlist isn't realistic. I'm pretty sure they understand that, as the Temple adcoms are reasonable people. I would jump at the chance to go to Temple, but financially and practically I can't go to these receptions, although I wish I could.

gman33

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My guess is they send it out to everyone.
Were any of the people on the waitlist invited to the second look on April 11?
From the verbage in the email, I figured that was just for people who got accepted.

scowdeva

MS I
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Waitlisted at the end of Jan, NOT invited to second look...