Email Problem Need Help!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sng33

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got a notice that my current email address wil be expiring the end of february. The problem is this is the email address I put on my AMCAS App. and all my secondaries. What the heck should I do here. Should I wait till the end of Feb. when it expires to change the biographical info on the AMCAS app, and maybe call each of the schools. Or should I try to change this ASAP and risk missing an important message while in layover period for the change????????? HELP!!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you sure you applied, and dealt with AMCAS, this year? If so, then it seems obvious that you need to act ASAP. I don't think it would do any good to change your info on AMCAS though, as they have already forwarded your application to the schools you listed. I would contact each school individually, and as soon as you have the opportunity.

I believe there is something called email forwarding. My university has it that way I can forward all messages that come into that address to my hotmail account. If they don't have then go to goggle and do a search (type in emailing forwarding...or something like that). There are companies out there that specialize in doing that for you.
good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Some schools only accept changes through AMCAS (eg. USC). I had a similar situation and had to change some info. It worked, surprisingly, without any noticable hang-ups to just make the changes on my AMCAS and re-submit. I was very skeptical about having to do this, but it seems to be fine.

I had this EXACT same problem....here's what i did. I took the time to e-mail every school that has yet to reject me and told them hey my school switched e-mail servers so i can't use the address on my application and please send all future correpsonse to the new e-mail. I then went over to AMCAS and changed info there too.

Worked liek a charm. Most schools that replied were happy to tell me this...oh if you can't find an e-amil address to a school, write them a letter and send through snail mail.