Emailing PDs who didn't give out their contacts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mamagir

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
At a couple of programs I interviewed, we weren't given the contacts of the PD or other interviewers and was asked to send thank you notes through the PC. Now I want to send ranking email/letter of intent, is it okay to email the PD directly in this instance? For one program, I found the PD's email on Frieda but the other program, it's not listed but I can easily figure it out. Is it OK to do this?

Members don't see this ad.

At a couple of programs I interviewed, we weren't given the contacts of the PD or other interviewers and was asked to send thank you notes through the PC. Now I want to send ranking email/letter of intent, is it okay to email the PD directly in this instance? For one program, I found the PD's email on Frieda but the other program, it's not listed but I can easily figure it out. Is it OK to do this?

If you want to be seen as somebody who can't follow simple instructions then, yes, by all means contact the PD directly in spite of them telling you not to.

Or you can just send it to the PC like they asked.