Emergency Med-San Diego vs Portsmouth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WaterLogged

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am very interested in San Diego for an Emergency Medicine residency. I have toured the hospital and am planning to do a rotation or two there. However, I have heard that the Portsmouth residency program is incredible. It would be nice to have input from those having rotated through these sites as well as from those in residency programs at these sites.

Members don't see this ad.

WaterLogged said:
I am very interested in San Diego for an Emergency Medicine residency. I have toured the hospital and am planning to do a rotation or two there. However, I have heard that the Portsmouth residency program is incredible????. It would be nice to have input from those having rotated through these sites as well as from those in residency programs at these sites.

MilMD or anyone else. If they are bad is it because of case load and patients or just because its a military hospital. Which is the lesser of two evils?

bb622 said:
MilMD or anyone else. If they are bad is it because of case load and patients or just because its a military hospital. Which is the lesser of two evils?

Portsmouth is nothing more than a walk in clinic....sick people don't do well there....I've personally seen the complications....

On the up side, you do get out rotations at a trauma center across the river.