emergency medicene

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silver_rain

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey.. I just wanted to find out if anyone knows of a place where I can find out more about emergency medicene.

It's what I'm thinking about going into(if I get into med school). Later!

Members don't see this ad.

The emergency ward is a place where you can find out more about emergency medicine ;)

Just Kidding.... Can you please clarify what you mean about a "place?" Do you mean book/novels, internet site or what?

Thanks, :cool:

There are lots of great places on the internet where you can learn more about emergency medicine. Some to try:

Society for Academic Emergency Medicine www.saem.org

American College of Emergency Physicians www.acep.org

Emergency Medicine Residents' Association www.emra.org

American Academy of Emergency Medicine www.aaem.org

SAEM has a residency catalog with links to all of the emergency medicine residency programs in the country. Looking at some of the individual sites is a great way to learn what emergency medicine training entails.

Have fun! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
by places I meant, websites, books, things like that...

also, if anyone has any personal experiance, I'd really like to know about it. Is it as fast paced as people make it sound?

I know I'm a little early in thinking about what specialty I want to go into(I'll be a senior in high school come August). EM is one of the ones I was considering.
I heard it was pretty competitive though...
What's the rate on that? oh.. say on a scale of 1-10, what's the competitive rate of EM?